The flavours of my Summer… roasted balsamic carrots and beets on a bed of lentils topped with labneh and dukkah.
- 3 carrots
- 3 beetroot
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + extra to drizzle
- sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 c green lentils
- 1 tbsp balsamic + extra to drizzle
- 175g labneh
- a handful of fresh mint and flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp dukkah
- Peel, top and tail and cut both the carrots and beets into roughly 4-6 evenly sized pieces each
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Place the chopped vegetables in a pan lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with the 2 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and black pepper and pop the pan into the oven to roast for 45 minutes.
- While the root vegetables are roasting, cook the lentils to the packet instructions in a medium saucepan. Once cooked, strain and cool by running cold water over the lentils while still in the strainer. Leave to drain completely.
- Once the roast vegetables are fork tender, remove them from the oven. Drizzle with 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and leave to cool.
- To assemble, smear half of the labneh on the base of a plate. top with the lentils, and then the roasted vegetables. Dollop the rest of the labneh on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle the dukkah over the top and finish with the chopped herbs
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
When working with beets in the kitchen, be sure to wear gloves! The pigmn
Keywords: salad, labneh, roasted beetroot, dukkah