- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 onion sliced thinly
- 500g chicken thigh fillets – cut each though into 6 pieces
- 180g bacon – cut into a rough 1cm dice
- 250ml white wine
- 300ml thickened cream
- 3 tbsp basil pesto
- freshly grated parmesan
- sea salt flakes & pepper to season
- In a large frypan, saute the onion in oil for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the bacon. Cook till for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the chicken and seal the meat. No need to cook through, the chicken will continue to cook in the sauce.
- Add cream and white wine. Stir till combined on medium heat, then simmer for 30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- When the sauce is starting to thicken, cook your chosen pasta according to the packet’s instructions. I generally work on roughly 100g pasta per person, so for this recipe, I cooked 500g pasta
- Add pesto to the creamy chicken sauce and gently stir through.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and mix thorough.
- Finish with a good sprinkle of freshly grated quality parmesan, a swirl or pesto, and season with salt flakes & freshly ground pepper.
Keywords: Pasta, Mid-week dinner, pesto