I love dehydrating food. It’s a great way to extend the season of your homegrown produce. Use dried citrus slices in your cocktails, as homemade festive decorations or even grinded up into a finishing salt.
- All the citrus fruits! Try lemons, oranges, grapefruit, and limes.
- Wash and dry citrus fruits
- Remove any stalks. Slice each piece of fruit into 3-5mm slices.
- Lay fruit slices flat on a dehydrator tray.
- Turn the dehydrator onto the dried fruit setting and leave to dry for 8-10 hours until there is no moisture left.
- Once cool. store in an airtight container or jar for up to 12 months
Keywords: Preserves, Dehydrated, Citrus, Oranges