- 600g Potatoes, peeled
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
Crème Fraiche topping
- 60g creme fraiche
- 2 tsp finely chopped chives
- 100g Smoked salmon
- Grate the potatoes with a coarse grater. Put all the grated potato into a colander and squeeze out the excess water. Pop the potato into a bowl and season with the sea salt and pepper.
- Heat up the grill pan on medium heat. Add some oil and coat the pan. Divide the potato mixture into six portions and pop each potato rosti onto the grill pan and lightly flatten the top (they should be roughly 2cm thick) Cook for 10 minutes. Once golden, flip and cook the other side for an additional 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from the heat and pop aside.
- While the rostis are cooking, mash the avocado in a small bowl. Add the lemon juice and season with salt & pepper. Stir through to combine. Pop aside
- In a separate bowl, whip the crème fraiche with a whisk until you have soft peaks. Add chopped chives and stir gently to combine. Pop aside.
- To assemble, place a scoop of the smashed avocado mixture on top of the potato rosti. Top with a slice of smoked salmon and a dollop of the crème fraiche topping.
This recipe was cooked in Le Creuset’s Toughened non stick ribbed rectangle grill.